Friday, June 03, 2011

Ok, Now What?

So here I am, in an empty apartment in a chicago highrise. I just got here today with 3 bags. The rest of my stuff is on its way here. I realize I have moved every year for the past 6 years and so I've become adept at packing even though I'm still not immune to the whole process yet. I wish I was though. Its pretty hard, uprooting your life every 12 months and starting anew. So, it is with packing fatigue that I write this. If not for it, I would be very excited about the future. About the thought of working in my DREAM job, something I'm sooo excited about, that I can't wait to start already! I would also be very excited about the city I'm living in and bought my new neighbourhood. I say I would, more so because of my sadness at the ending of school.

The month of may was awesome to say the least. Celebrating the culmination of a hard-earned, transformational journey. I met amazing people from all over the world and saying goodbye was tough but I know I have a place to stay in in virtually 70 countries in the world. That in itself was one of the best gifts of this process. My parents and brother were also here to see me graduate. I'm glad they got to see my school and meet my friends and be part of the graduation ceremony. We also went all over the country after that. NY, Vegas, Grand Canyon and SF. They got to see this great country and the things that make it incredible. It felt weird to say goodbye to them at SF and come back to Durham to pack though. Wish we had more time together.

On the bright side though, I'm incredibly grateful for such an amazing experience and for the opportunity to, atleast in this moment, look in to the future with excitement and wonder about the things to come :)

No comments: