Saturday, October 09, 2010

What is love?

...don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more.....

remember that iconic song by Haddaway? remember? We were at a 2Y dinner today, about 20 of us, tucking into an awesome spread that my roommate made, and suddenly this song came on the system, and me a couple of others started singing this song and doing some sort of co-ordinated dance thingy. Fun! I felt like was transported back into the 90s. The best place to be methinks.

So about the dinner, it was a cozy evening and we were all catching up with each other and listening to Year 2 recruiting cautionary tales, when suddenly some FYs barged in drunk as hell. You see, in the same apartment complex, we were also having the "Around The World" Party - a bunch of 10 apartments, each representing a country and its party experience. As a FY last year, I did the country crawl and got hammered drinking sangrias, margaritas, limoncellos, wine, gin and tonic and ultimately, irish car bombs. The after effects weren't pretty but the party was sooper fun. This year though, my heart wasn't in it and I found that a lot of my fellow 2Ys were also giving this a miss.

We are growing up, my 2Y cohort. We are skipping the get-hammered-silly parties and focusing on small cozy dinners instead. Focusing on getting to know each other very well before the time ran out.

Oh well, getting back to the drunk FYs who barged in, we told them they had the wrong apartment and pointed them in the right direction. I, btw, ended up going to the apartment representing Iceland. It was themed like the smirnoff bar, lot of dry ice and white everywhere and they had the AC down to 40!! a good friend of mine was DJing there and played some awesome techno. Very Iceland indeed. I stayed there till the place started filling up with eager FYs looking to get hammered. Thats when I exited.

Sigh, I'm growing up aren't I?

No comments: