Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Scaramouche,scaramouche will you do the fandango?

Thunderbolt and lightning, very very frightening......

i'm sorry, i absolutely dote on the bohemian rhapsody, its one of my favourite songs to lip-synch. and i lurrve to lip-synch. i can't sing, no siree. simply can't, but hell i can lip-synch! and i look so cool, if i do say so myself. i realised i can't sing when my mom used to record our (bro & mine) recitations of nursery rhymes and play it out to visitors who came home. that was a maternal subliminal hint i caught on to rather early. but i wanted to sing like a popstar, i wanted to look cool and my world to look like an amy grant video, (hopeless, i know!!) so it wasn't long before i substituted the remote for a microphone and started lip-synching. a compromise i'm very happy with. with time, the remote gave way to the hair brush, this happened when i got my very own tape player in my very own room. too cool. sooo much room for antics. and this week there has been a progression in my lip-synching career. i've got a new microphone substitute. My tripod walking stick!!!

well, admiteddly, i wasn't very thrilled when the doc prescribed a tripod walking stick (knee surgery remember?) for me, like hullo i'm 21!!!, but the depression soon gave away to thrilling optimism, when i discovered its hidden raison d'etre. it looks exactly like a microphone stand. the handle looks like a microphone, and its long and slender and stable, dude!! now i can rock lip-synch!!!. i can do, what eddie vedder and axel rose do to their mics. i can twirl it around and totally put up a convincing rock act. and if i only had a high stool, i'm sure i can even do a unplugged version of "the man who sold the world".

yeah i'm thrilled, but mark, i'm very aware that i'm pretending to be a rockstar, unlike these guys. shame on you INXS for desecrating michael's memory.

Edit : humongous hugs to vaish for this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I-still-don't-know-how-you-wanna-be-addressed,

Ever tried singing..."Huttidare Kannada Nadinalli Huttirbeku..."..try lip-synching to that.....he he he..our evergreen Raj-annavaru at his best...he he he...

Best with your knee,

Raki

Trée said...

Bohemian rhapsody is a great song--got it on my iPod and you can't help but sing along when it comes on. Nice blog.

Senthil said...

Heheheh... this reminds me of the good old days when I used to mop the floor of my apartment, to the accompaniment of lots of rock... the mop used to double as my microphone, my dancing partner, my tommy-gun... sigh... the good ol' days...

Anonymous said...

hehe haha... u're usin a tripod now!! musta been bad... newez i luv singing too only my voice sucks.. that i got thrown out of the music club in primary skool stands testimony to that!! But nope i dont despair, never let that little handicap deter me... whenever i hear a nice tune i know i jus let loose... last week we guys were in mac's at forum when they were playin its my life n i was happily shoutin along... that the whole place ws starin rite at me didnt seem to bother me at all.. apparently i also put on a very funny screwed up xpression btw when i sing(its the intensity n emotion u c!!) n these guys actually recorded me !!
cheers
bharat
p.s. scaramouche is that ugly charming guy with the long nose right?? n bout ur hoard board thingy i used to luv folk of teh faraway tree too

AI said...

oooh the lip-synching post must have struck a chord :).thanks for visiting my blog, everyone.

anon: thanks for that. and i'll definitely visit your site on corvette, i dig sports cars :)

raki: don't address me at all :P. just spill what you gotta say.and i'll not comment on annavaru, hehe.

tree: thanks.i got it on my ipod too, but mines pink. lol

senthil: that mop idea totally rocks, why didn't i think of it??.

bharath: trust me, great calamities will unfold if i sing :). and i didn't know scaramouche was a character. btw