Thursday, August 04, 2005

I'm leaving on a jet plane.

actually more like Sahara..... err bad joke. but its true! i'm leaving Bangalore to a place that has "high" and "bad" in its name and inspite of it, the only thing people have to say about it, is that the biryani there is very good. but what i ask, if you're not into biryani?. then??

so today i went shopping, and i dig most forms of shopping, books, music (very rarely these days, all hail torrents), shoes, oh my shoes is almost a fetish, and handbags, and the "unmentionables", but i abhor, shopping for jeans. yes i hate it. its an ordeal, and it morphs into a tragedy, if you can't walk properly. for the first time in my life, today was not a shopping i looked forward to by a mile.

we landed at central, and i with great trepidation made my way to the jeans section. oh right, i forgot to mention why i loathe jeans shopping. ever seen a typical south indian woman? that nice child bearing hips? now see the world is an unforgiving place, we (south indian women(SIW)) my dear folks, are the perfect child rearing machines, ample bosoms, wide hips, slender waists, you get the picture, its like the creator of the universe put in a favour to us SIW to propagate the species and can you say "boo!" to the creator of the universe, can you say, no i'd rather not, can i have normal kate moss type hips please? ofcourse not, and how does the world repay us? by giving us horrendously ill fitting jeans. 28-30-32-34... bitches this isn't an even progression, its waist sizes for heaven's sakes!!. ever hear of midsizes?

well anyway, i'd rant if i hadn't found perfectly fitting jeans on my 14th attempt. yes i did!!! and i heard bells ringing, and the hills came alive and the lark tripped on the brook, the works.

my beloved SIW, its called lycra, embrace it.

* folks out there, i'm moving to a new city for the first time ever, so any tips/advice on moving, finding apartment, things to take etc will be most welcome.thanks.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Give me a SIW anyday yaar...yummy...hey, you know what... nature has made you Southie gals sooooooo freakin' beautiful...plz plz plz do not measure yourself against those sick, waif-like, dope-abusing, anoerexic and/or bullemic gals who pass off as "models". I'd rather date a Natraj pencil than some of those hussies.

You seem to be such an intelligent, well-read person...hey I'll take a gal like you (with your child bearing hips...hehehehe) anyday over Kate Moss' "normal" body-ratio. She looks like a patient yaar...

You go girl...just one small piece of wisdom that I've gathered over the years though...be careful of Andhra men...they rarely learn to keep their snakes in their cages (if you know what I am referring to)..apart from that, can't wait for the day when you'll start b*tching about missing good old Blore..that'd be a boat load of fun to read on your blog...hehehehehe....

On another note, I may get to see Bill Murray's latest movie -- Broken Flowers...am kinda excited...will hopefully not forget to give you the scoop once I watch it...

Best,
Raki

Vaishnavi Tekumalla said...

Hahahaha!! Take your sense of humour please.

And once you get that paycheck, work on a deal with fed-ex to send me a weekly biryani shipment, please.

And erm....what slender waists? Where?!?! :P

AI said...

raki: thank you verry much. and i bet that was evil laughter there. well i'm sure that it won't be so bad, i hope, i pray.any moving advice though? i feel like i'm forgetting things

vaish: sweety i'll send you all the biryani that you ever want.and when i say slender,it's through our SIW eyes. we are not embracing anybody else's definition here on my blog. hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

You-know-what evil is an *evil* word...I'd prefer mischievous....but seriously, I love full bodied women (with brains, of course). In fact, I love women with whom I can strike a decent conversation.....so I really meant what I said...give me a *real* woman anyday....yes sireee...I ain't goin for no bimbos....

Take care and those bad guys in Hyd can be hot to handle sometimes. Stay away from the hairy scary types(with those bushy moustaches), especially. They think they are the next avatar of Mamooty, Mohanlal, Nagarjuna, Chiranjeevi...you get the picture, I hope. (hehehe)

Raki

AI said...

raki : yea ok DAD :P. hehe, anyway i'm glad there are men who appreciate full bodied women.

Sinfully Pinstripe said...

Child, the only thing ever defined as full-bodied is a single malt. OK, the late Mr. Cardus once in a while defined a bowling action as such too (and obviously other acolytes followed suit with that travesty).

Say for example a Sophie Dahl. She's full-figured unless she's right-arm-over from the pavillion end with the red leather.

#A standard quizcorper 'I-know-you-do-not-know' smirk follows#.

AI said...

SP: i strongly object to "child", don't you ever EVER call me child or revenge will be so swift and brutal, that the nice smirk might change identity to a grimace. :P

omg you mentioned Sophie Dahl!!!! a certain other bong that i know also fancies sophie. have i stumbled on to a trend now??:P

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Guess what..I checked out Bill Murray's latest film -- Broken Flowers...slightly esoteric but overall, great film..Bill Murray is ttally understated...his silence says so much...had a blast watching him...like him better than a blowhard like de Niro....the movie had typical Jim Jarmusch quirks..reference to Neil Young.....a character named "Sun Green"....just wished wished wished there was a less abrupt, ending ...something of a slow, thoughtful end would've been better...just didn't want to let go of Murray's character that abruptly....there is an Ethiopian background song/score...simply loved it...just thought to myself what if Coltrane were Ethiopian...this is what we'd get.

I see Oscar nominations written all over for this movie....will it actually get the award...well there's a lot of politicking and all that stuff that I really don't care...a nomination is as good as winning..check out this movie whenever you can...

Raki

Anonymous said...

iddy
give me ur hyderabad number
and keep in touch ok??
i miss talking to u already
and yeah its nice to have a brainy full bodied woman
everyone thinks theyre a model these days
u cant talk to them
id prefer someone i could talk to
already done the models
like i told u
anyway
keep in touch!!!!!
love
tanay

AI said...

raki : boo, you get to see cool movies and tell everyone who has not seen it.

tanay:i'll give my numbers and mail id once i'm all settled, which might take a while.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Listen...that was not my aim to be nasty by "showing off"...just thought I'd share my excitement...look you're such a brainiac chick that I don't mind sharing it...else I wouldn't have cared....

Best,

Raki