Wednesday, September 03, 2008

STILL not a good time to be me but I try

The update on the fever and the continuous sneezing is that it has graduated into something I can't quite define except that my throat feels quite constricted and I sound like Marlon Brando in the Godfather. That would be such an awesome thing to have except that it isn't the best of voices to interview people with. I was half afraid that the candidate I was interviewing would ask me if we were going to the mattresses yet (haha Godfather movie joke. get?) My throat is still pretty fucked and I'm still sticking by my home remedies for some inane reason when I should be banging on my doctor's door. I don't want to have antibiotics. They make me so weak and wuzzy and give me terrible dreams

In a desperate bid I have given to mixing and matching my various home remedies. Clearly delirium has given way to delusion. I've already mixed herbal tea, milk, turmeric and black pepper to no effect. I'm addicted to a new cough syrup btw. Its an ayurvedic syrup with honey and a couple of herbs. Its so sweet and soothing that I have taken to glugging it like coca cola. It has no alcoholic content whatsoever so I don't feel woozy at work. Instead of chai breaks I have cough syrup breaks. I love it, so much so that I even made a cocktail out of it by adding vanilla vodka to it. It was HEAVENLY! It was possibly the best cocktail ever. It was sweet, had a certain kick to it at the back of throat and... its healthy.

Yes, I know, I should succumb to the antobiotics and stop the drama but honestly these pills scare the beejeesus out of me. I can't decipher the words on the back of the pills and when I don't know what I'm taking, it scares me. Its like sampling a new cuisine, what if the food doesn't agree with you?? Thats why I like my herbal cough syrup. It says - Effective relief from cough. No side effects. Simple enough. So anybody out there have any more home remedies for cold? I'm willing to try out anything before I finally succumb. I also think it would be extremely useful and fun to have list of home remedies. If anybody has any interesting home remedies for anything please put it in the comment section and I'll update it in the post later. Here goes my contribution:

Ze Ultimate Home Remedy List
1. Chicken soup: briliant for minor colds
2. Hot milk, turmeric & pepper: awesome for a sore throat
3. Vodka Martini: Brilliant for anything (wooohooo!)
4. Honey in Hot tea: Soothes a sore throat

Just wondering, if it isn't too crazy, should I try mixing hot milk, turmeric, pepper & vodka?

No comments: