Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Me.

This is not a post where i'm vain, nor is this a post where i'm self deprecating, but this is about things about me i just can't change.

* I'm a clutz. and the degree of clutzness increases when there's food around. I always drop the spoon. and one time this ginormous faux pas ocurred. I have this tendency to wave the sweetner packet before tearing it, so one time while i was waving it, I accidentally let go and it went flying over to the other table.

*I like Bananas. (did i hear a snigger there now?). yes but things get infinitely better when there's banana in the food.

*I love dogs more than i do babies. infact i don't like the latter at all. babies freak me out. when i see one, i'm thinking, i hope i don't poke its eyes or something

*oooh more clutz stories, i always drop books in a book store. Everytime. its rather uncanny, like its my way of "marking" a bookstore. all the books in the shelf have to tumbledown and i have to have a sheepish smile on my face.

* i don't like cell phones, especially for that vile thing called SMSes. dn't u jst ha8 dat?

*i can't eat alone, i have to have company. even T.V will suffice.

*i dish out a lot of shrink BS when i'm talking to people and most surprisingly they take THAT seriously

*I'll never go out with a man who does not read. thats unfathomable.

* i lurrve shopping for shoes. especially sandals. and when i'm depressed i inevitably shop for shoes and then inevitably regret spending so much. but shoes are good. they don't BS with you

* i have a secret affection for cheesy pop which sometimes might lead to some shoulder shaking. like the milkshake song, or superstar or toxic. oh i'll have you know, pink floyd is way over rated :P

*my perfect man, and here i'd like to clarify that for me perfection is fluid but it exists, is an intelligent lumberjack with a wry sense of humour.

* i love a well designed building. i love buildings. if i wasn't an engineer i'd have been an architect, but i can't draw to save my life so i don't think that would have worked out, but i love a good design and i *heart* calatrava buildings

ok that was wayyy too much information.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

shop for shoes.. how Sex and the City types !
And pah-leeeeeeeeeeeeeez stick to books. Coz your opinion on music is .. ahem... (overrated.. FLOYD?!)

Sinfully Pinstripe said...

You call yourself an engineer, and pass off statements like pink floyd is way over rated :P?

Ah, there is this genuinely erudite and rather snooty hostel-pal of mine from RV (Bong to boot. Brown sahib bong to boot. "Have-read-Ulysses" bong to boot) who, after 3 months in Bangalore, declared that for an average Bangalorean, great literature is Pink floyd. Know what? For all my love for this city, even now, I tend to nod my approval.

My views? This crazy following of PF is an Engineering college phenomenon. In Engg colleges, PF is WAAAY over-rated. In the ROTW, PF is considered a very good band, and that is about correct.

And that reminds me, ping me ur cellphone number in Hyd. Will SMS you sometime :P

AI said...

Anon: I'll save you the this-blog-is-my-bitch speech, all i can say is that PF is a first year college phenomenon, just like (ironically) che guevara and douglas adams.

S.P: i got over PF after my first year. they're good but tend to get too much footage for being "intellectual" music. as for my number, read my next post. there have been significant developments.;)

Sinfully Pinstripe said...

Now DOUGLAS ADAMS is way over-rated. And when junta comes and tells me how much they have luuuuurrrrvvvvved HHGG, just so I do not break their heart, all I generally manage is.... mm-hmm, they are good.

Read bloody foundation series. Read bloody wodehouse. Have fun. Ah, there's the snooty didactic me. BTW, quizzed this Sunday. With Mihir and Ananth. (And like idiots, missed the qualifying)

Hey, Arun R and I were thinking, force your juniors to make a proper (and by that I mean PROPER proper) old-boys-and-girls quiz thingie during UTPT this time.

Harish said...

My $0.02:
Pink FLoyd: Great band. Engg. college or not.
Che Guevara: I've always admired him... not for his political ideals, but because he stuck to his guns.
Douglas Adams: Love his stuff. He's funny as hell. And HHGG IS great.
Foundation Series: Good.
Wodehouse: Love it.

"To deliberately avoid the ways of the crowd is just another form of conformity".

AI said...

S.P: khadiya's quiz? how was it?

HKS: its not the question of conformity vs non conformity. rather a matter of independant judgement and taste.

Sinfully Pinstripe said...

The qualifiers were real good, and the regular round dragged a bit. Check my blog.

And I agree with AI here, HKS. Look, if you like PF (or hate it for the matter) because everyone else likes them, therein comes in the way-with-the-croud (or forceful non-conformist, agree with your point here) bit. And that is .... well, not wrong, but weak. You like PF because you found the music and lyrics good. I like PF because of approximately the same reason. Not because the gods of the senior batch cannot dope without listening to their music.

More on this later.

pradyot said...

I am with you on point #3. I adore dogs and think babies are over rated. Pfffft!