Monday, September 05, 2005

Maydumb.

I never should have gone back to college, but I did this weekend, to get my PDC and at the end of it all, i was not only ready to start smoking, but was ready to finish an entire pack twice over. yes thats how much nicotene i would have needed to calm me down, to prevent me from doing some serious property damage. if you happen to be a fighter pilot reading this, and they give you a coupleof bombs to blow up, please bestow those on my college's administrative building. Nothing would make happier than seeing that building blown to smithereens.this is what happened.

frankly i felt quite nostalgic on seeing college again, after all, this place enabled me to make loads of moolah via quizzes. i went to the admin building to apply for my PDC and thats were i should have retraced my steps and gone back home. First up, gentleman at the Examinations counter,
Me : "Sir i need an application for the PDC"

him: "What Maydumb, you've come very early for it", (mark the dripping sarcasm)

after procuring the form, go to the cashier for his exalted signature.

Me:"Sir, what is the exact amount i have to pay in the bank"

Him:"What Maydumb, you don't know what amount to pay?"

now if i did, we wouldn't have any need for him now, would we?

Me (still persisting):" Sir, i know its 125, but is there any additional fees to pay?"

Him: "Maydumb, you first pay and come"

bitch.
after you pay the fees, you then have to go on a grand trip of places you've never ever visited whilst in college, like the library,sports building and the HOD's office, so that they can ascertain for sure, you don't owe them anything. Nice.

HOD's office
the man sitting in front of the HOD while he's signing my form with marked in difference : "What Maydumb, you people earn your degrees without actually learning anything"

I'm glad, you've finally caught on boyou.

Library

Librarian: "What Maydumb, your ID card doesn't exist, theres something wrong with it"

yea, it expired when i finished my degree, smarty, the comp knows it, when will you?

Sports building: "What Maydumb, you said you'll join the athletics team, you never came back afterwards"

why don't you try, after an accident, huh?

back to the exalted cashier

him: "What maydumb, you haven't paid the alumni association fees?"

the bank had closed when i went bank to pay the effing AA fees, so i stood outside and begged and pleaded to let me pay the fees.
bank teller:"what maydumb, when will you people learn to be responsible?"

back to his exalted royal highness, the cashier, who had gone to lunch when i came back. when he deigned to come back after his sumptuous repast of (i presume) curd rice, the man signs and frees me. i waltz back to the admission section only to find that i have to visit the biggest kahuna of them all, the principal, who as my luck would have it was in a meeting.
the office told me that principal had better things to do than sign my form, bbecause he was busy making fallacious MOU's with obscure foreign universities, that i had to get it signed by the vice-principal, who as it turned out was also in the same meeting, making fallicious MOU's with obscure foreign universities. when the meeting ended an hour later, i mistook the wrong guy for the vice principal, and thrust my form to his face.
Mr. Mistaken Identity : "What maydumb, don't you know who the vice principal is?, what kind of students have you all become?"

rhetorical questions needn't be answered, i knew that so i proceeded to the right dude, who signed my form, also with marked indifference. I'd come to love that marked indifference.

Finally, i handed my form back to the examination section, and the man took it with soo much smugness and i knew what'd ensue in that nasal tone of his, i left before he could open his mouth, i left college for what i'm hoping will be longer than eternity and then i got stuck in a 2 hour bangalore traffic jam.

You know I didn't smoke a single ciggy that day, you know why?, because i knew that i'd be leaving soon for a more tolerable place and thats Hyderabad.

9 comments:

Sinfully Pinstripe said...

Ah, c'mon now! Give the poor college a break. And I would not give you the "in 3 years' time gab". Bue will tell you about how I got saved from all that, sometime.

Wassup with Hyd BTW?

Anonymous said...

Hey,

That is extremely frustrating...I can relate to it completely...but this ciggy thing kinda upset me...(oh oh, here comes the Daddy Cool bit)...y'know...ciggys are NOT so cool...sorry for sounding so anachronistic but ciggys are NOT cool, per se. Plz do think about it.

On your RV experience, I wonder if we've made sooooooooo much progress in India on the corporate/IT front, then why the *bleep* can't we improve on crappy bureaucratic nightmares that you alluded to. I mean, I felt my BP rise, based on what you had written. This sucks. NO wonder there are so many kids who can't wait to get out of India.

Raki

AI said...

S.P: the ollege is great and some exciting stuff going on there, but the admin building is run by hades's own anointed sons.:)

Raki: i strongly object to the daddy cool bit, i referred to wanting to smoke only because i was extremely agitated and need some calming not because i think its cool. it isn't

The Wandering Hermit said...

Maydumb,
Best of Luck for that more tolerable place college, ruled by zombies from the planet, shitron,
they are similiar all over the country.
cheers
z

Anonymous said...

hey
i used to have similiar problems when i joined college
now the head of all clerks and cashiers and red tapism is a good friend of mine
coz he's a fellow gujju and i gave him a ride in my merc
hehehe
but seriously i hate exploiting that
it feels like its below my dignity
then agail all the marathis do it
and theyre many more marathi teachers
so this evens the scales a bit
tey have to stand in lines and come back as per the persons convenience
i get all my work when i want it
it might also help if they know that i know the college owners
they dont thankfully
my cashier gets a 2 and a half hour lunch break
perhps he eats a horse
i dont know

on an unrelated notewhere the hell are u?
its been ages since ive spoken to u
drop a line
now

love
tanay

AI said...

zofo : i guess. but one still can't come to terms with it.

Tanay: I think it was the merc that did it :P.hydie is rather hectic. how are things with you?

Anonymous said...

rather well, thanks
for some reason i cant get the comfortably numb solo out of my head
and i havnt heard floyd in years
used to be a junkie
when are u online?
tanay

pradyot said...

This sounds so suspciously like my alma mater, BMSCE Bangalore?

AI said...

Pradyot : this is RVCE, but I guess all engineering monolithic institutions function that way.:)