Wednesday, September 28, 2005

All the trappings of a grinning shark


If hyderabad was all about new beginnings, Bangalore feels like returning back to the crime scene and exposing oneself to the risk of incrimination. There are people around me who'll hold me accountable for the things I did long ago, things that they I expect I'll do. There are people I went to school with. Relatives who'll recall how I recited poetry as a child. Parents who still think I'm not capable of eating spinach ever. and all the Photographs and remnants to remind me of who I was. That I once hung Bon jovi posters on the wall and was the laddu who stood between two gorgeous friends with the shadows on our faces. I'm not that person anymore and its sucks that I'm the only one who knows that.

My new work place is great. really hectic though. I stayed but till 10 last night finishing up with work and then joined the others at firangi paani, which was fun. Even did shots with my boss. but curious why are guys so heavily into sexual innuendos? like a weird group psychological phenomenon when guys get together. sometimes i miss him soo much. anyhow came back really late last night. I don't know if it was the buzz in my head, but i loved the ride through deserted streets, the neon glow on the trees and the serenade of wind in my ears. I came alive in those streets with insidious intent and for a brief moment there was passion in that darkness

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

hey bad ass biker girl...u never told me u're moving back...send me ur new cell phone no.

santosh gowda(9845796492)

Sinfully Pinstripe said...

Oi! You read Zadie? I read Zadie. Lady sounds like Tom. How was Tom? He rox, eh?

I have a pal, junior of mine in fact who works at your office. Bong, bodybuilder kinda fellow. Real nice.

And i am off to Cal! Home at last!

AI said...

Gowday: bad ass biker girl??? and your number too? dude! are you hitting on me?:P :P. what to do, the winds of fortune have (literally) driven me back home.

SP: jitterbug perfume, ah well i love the way he manipulates his sentences, and there are a few gems, but I'm still half way through and the story still hasn't come together.

And on cal, please, don't come back and write a cal nostalgic blog post, that would be predictable. :P

and who is this bodybuilder bong I say? I almost don't believe you. :P

Sinfully Pinstripe said...

Sinfully Pinstripe is a rare sinner on blogosphere, and Sinfully Pinstripe maintains that no sin in the way of manipulation of truth has been committed this time around wrt Bong colleagues of the blogowner.

And can't get off cal nostalgia (and my-small-town nostalgia), but would be cautioned against keyboard diarrhoea. btw, this came out of my last visit to my-small-town-and-my-village. So it might not be that bad after all.

I finished Haroun. Was real good. Actually the last month and a half has been great in terms of book-reading. Firozesha Bagh by Mistry, Curious Incident, and Steinbeck's two.