Saturday, July 16, 2005

where'd all the good people go?

i'm not exactly ecstatic. there's cause for much bitterness.

My pre-ordered copy of half blood prince hasn't arrived and the internet is rife with spoilers

i'm walking like a penguin without support. oomph and riding, what the hell was i thinking?? (hey that rhymes!)

all the guys i fall for, go abroad in 6-18 months. why on earth am i not going abroad??

but i'm not overtly depressed either

i've been listening to jack johnson's in between dreams, and its stellar, i love it

i've also been reading breakfast of champions by Kurt Vonnegut jr, which is utterly cynical and funny. the other day when i was out at a traffic stop, watching the ensuing traffic chaos, i thought to myself, "why are these people hurrying, almost killing each other to reach their destinations? don't they know their lives absolutely don't matter".thats such a typical kurt thought. he's helping me become indifferent

and i found this on guardian today, they ran a dumbledore's death scene contest, where folks have to write in imitating another author's style. this one was hilarious.

5 comments:

Sinfully Pinstripe said...

Where is my literary exhibitionist meme?

AI said...

Sinfully Pinstripe : cumin soon, when i'm not feelin too bluesy.

Vaishnavi Tekumalla said...

"all the guys i fall for, go abroad in 6-18 months. why on earth am i not going abroad??"

Let me tell you, m'dear, that this is not necessarily a problem!! ;) How goes? :)

AI said...

Vaish : LOL, i sure need to a leaf out of your book sista ;). oh i forgot to thank you for that wonderful party at Sheesh Mahal. thanks.:)

Anonymous said...

Ash,

Oh boy..talkin' of freakin' heartbreaks...you know there was this gal that I found on the internet...she had hair like Madhuri Dixit's (no jokes, cross my heart)...super Colgate smile....did some volunteering work....had a decent job...more importantly, she had a stable mind...I was so completely crazy of her...and guess what??!! She thought that I was *stalking* her...I mean I didn't know what to say...I felt not just bluesy but you know there is this sick feeling in your belly when things go *really* wrong.....jeez....the sweetest person on earth had to tell me such a *horrible* thing....I'm sure I came out as such a jerk in my over enthu to pataofy her....sometimes I wonder if men like me will always be 13 years old mentally....jeez....holy guacamole...

Raki