Sunday, May 28, 2006

Goo-Goos, Ga-Gas and Giggles


Every woman should have a lil something of Chanel or so Karl Lagerfeldt would have us believe. well dear Karl will be pleased with me, I have ze number one perfume of them all, (ironically) the No.5. Ok Brother gave it as birthday present, but still, I belong to that exclusive clique of women who have a lil something of Chanel, ok now Karl where is my discount??

Whenever I see a picture of Coco Chanel, I don't see a woman, I see an androgynous creature, with ambitions of power, a strong dash of selfishness, individuality and a mild veneer of sexuality. That's what I like about her, atleast what she represents, the toning down of gender and the steretypes associated with it. Like say Woman=Married= Mother = Babies. I see Coco and its like erm lets change that equation.

I have a special gift. I'm a magnet for bawling babies. When I sit for lunch, there's a bawling baby. When I'm seeing a movie there's a bawling baby. Infact my lowest moment came when I was on a train and guess what there was a Bawling baby and the mother was walking around the compartment with it. She sat down on my seat, trying to console it and the sleep deprived annoyed me, just absolutely glowered at her, to take "that thing" away fro me. I remember that Incident, I'm not proud of it, but given the chance my reaction will be the same all over again.

I don't like babies.
Some women Coo at babies, some women make funny annoying and utterly embarassing noises, Some women do a lil jig, I just stare right back. Wotcher looking at baby?. I often wonder why I feel so different. No gushes just ahems. and ofcourse faking the affection. I hate proud- baby- flashing mommies. They're the worst. they want the whole world to acknowledge how cute their baby is and if you stare back without gushing, she'll give you a look that says "Baby hater!, you'll end up an old crone".

I just want to know if women have babies because:
a) They really like babies
b) They don't want to grow old in loneliness. Babies are like old age policy, Someone who'll take care of the bills
c) They didn't use protection and things just happened.

Am I the only one who does not like babies. Who feels queasy that its probbably expected of me because I'm a woman blah blah. Who feels weird because she feels differently about it and also slightly guilty?

Hmmm. I don't know.

I guess its Chanel for sometime now. Seriously Karl, how about that discount?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i have a chanel egoiste platinum
its out of this world
before u jump to conclusions
c'est pour homme
allement
ca va?
ou es tu?
lit
tempus fucit
ciao

Amrita said...

I dont like babies either...

Amrita said...

worst 'bawling baby' moment that occured recently was on flight to NZ - bawling baby bawled for 3 hrs straight! Really had to refrain from beating my head against something and knocking myself out for the duration of the flight...

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Maybe, just maybe, you are one of this butch lesbians. You do, have a BE degree in Mech, right?

AI said...

Tanay: Just translate that in angalais please

Amrita: your comment gave me a thought. Pacifier over the pacific...that'd make such a great pop song...

Gammafunction said...

isnt it a biological wonder that ppl find all young ones like babies,puppies,baby mice etc to be cute??i mean....seems like we are genetically programmed for that..