Thursday, May 11, 2006

....and tiny tim on the Double Bass


You need a muse. and you get one only if you're life has a slight tinge of misery in it. Its true. I couldn't think of anything to write in this blog of mine because I didn't feel like it. Now since my life has got that mild hue of angst, ok I admit angst is so 2nd-year- college, I shall proceed to soliloquise.

These days I lunch alone at Transit at Forum Mall. If any of you read this and are at transit at the same time I'm having lunch and know me....ok what're the chances of that happening? still do drop by and say Hi and I'll condescend to say Hi back if my mouth isn't full. But I kinda like having my lunch alone there, Watching the dizzying consumers, the yuppies with their Lap top bags, college kids bunking class, the occassional white guy.....ok I don't mean to sound all gooey... this motley crowd fascinates me and I don't think for the entire duration of lunch. which is good. One should never think while having lunch.

Another great thing about having lunch at a mall is the moosic. absolutely upbeat and by the time I'm done with lunch and heading back to office, I feel like a heroine in an Chic flick strutting with a I-will survive background theme running in the background. I always loved that chic flicks. The heroine moves on with her life and she even has sexy background music to boot. who chose her freaking music collection?

Ok I saw the entire sex and the city season 3 this weekend. and you know what, for a columnist Carrie wears pretty swell clothes and she even has a sexy apartment to boot. My favourite is the one where she gets to be a model and struts for this sexy 80's kinda music. I always wanted to do that. Strut for sexy music not modelling. Also the whole we 4 best friends ding is a turn off after a while. I don't have girlfriends, not here in Bangalore, and I miss that terribly.

Most women don't like me that much. yes they're intimated by me and worst of all I don't care. So well there goes my hopes of a female posse, of sunday brunches, of talks of boyfriends and Exes.

Exes - you'd think nothing's worse than your Ex coming back and telling you he's found someone. I'll tell you what's worse, your Ex coming back and telling you he's found someone and also "getting some" from that some one. Erm. You've moved on, very much and yet the vision of his "someone" and him, leaves a void in the stomach and the thought of his "getting some" makes me want to join the gym. I dunno, but its proving a great motivator for getting back on the tread mill again

The great Guy in my life taught me how to drive in his very own car. Its his first car. The first car. He bought it with his own money. Its expensive and its big. I don't know how to drive, and yet he let me take the wheel, didn't freak out (atleast he didn't show it) and taught me how to drive. That's romantic.

4 comments:

Sinfully Pinstripe said...

Hey that's cool! Congrats for the Guy...

And FYI I say the whole six seasons of Sex and the city in a week and a half.... Had to struggle throught the last season. And shit, there goes my carefully cultivated macho alpha male image ...

Will catch up for lunch when I am at our Dairy circle office the next time.... Weird bit is that, one of my best friends (who works at the other office next to forum :) )was telling me the precisely same things about the Forum lunches...

Abhishek Nag said...

from my very limited experiences with life, i understand what goes into the making of a great Guy. and, i respect what you just described.

Gammafunction said...

i seriously used to wonder how carrie has so much cash being a weekly columnist..apartments in manhattan dont come cheap.... and lots of guys watch SATC even though thay are not always willing to acknowledge ;)

AI said...

S.P: Congrats for which guy? the Ex or "The Great Guy".*raises eyebrows* and let me know when we can meet and do get the eco book :P

Nag: Thanks :). Just keep mum about the whole thing now :)

Gammafunction: I can understand why a lot of men would watch SATC but the caveat would be not to make any assumptions about women based on what you see :)