Tuesday, February 28, 2006

......and some proper background music please


So there I was watching Rome on HBO. I totally dig Perod Dramas. And minutes after Rome Ended I was walking around Like I was in one. Easily done considering it was something past midnight. For one I felt all angular faced. Have you noticed how all these period drama protagonists are so angular faced, or rather act like their face is so angular. I want to walk around like that, with the knowledge that in a close -up still, the angles of the face will catch the light dramatically and it will look all fiery and purposeful. I mean even the extras in period drama have that intense purposeful look.

and oh, I'd like to walk with a flourish too. with swirling taffeta gowns going swish swish. oh so dramatique. Imagine how work would be if we were all so dramatique. Instead of jeans and feeling like a minion in the workforce, I'd feel all important and angular faced . I can't stress enough the change that feeling angular faced brings on one. I feel like making weighty statements or making the mundane sound weighty. I mean the chic in the Rome serial got all alarmed and panicky when someone said "caesar is in Italy!!".Won't it be cool, I wonder to make statements that give sinking feelings. I want to ask for tea like its a do or die situation. I feel like looking fiercely at everything, with that erm angular faced look

Ok I don't think anybody out there gets it.

Oh for some drama in my life.

2 comments:

Sinfully Pinstripe said...

Hmm... yes. Did not follow.

Vaishnavi Tekumalla said...

Hahahahaah! Babe, you are too funny.

Tell you what, next time I am in town, let's wear Togas and drink tea :P. What say?

And oh, I'd love to feel all angular faced too. But the extra 20 pounds sorta make any angularity very far-fetched.

Bouncing however, is definitely a possibility.