Saturday, November 26, 2005

If only I don't Bend and break, I'll meet you on the other side....


Ummm, its been a looooooong time. thankfully my blog is forgiving, unlike most people I know, I even forgot my best bud's birthday. happy belated b'day best bud. oh I even forgot to commemorate my blog annniversary. happy belated b'day bloggie.

I have nothing significant to blog about. Well I do, but I can't really blog about it, and besides my life revolves around work these days. You I didn't even know Paris was burning, I don't have time to read Newspaper you see and besides I was quite shocked when I heard it. Paris always brings images of this 6 footer, anorexic blonde model with no boobs swishing about, amidst flash bulbs in a chanel skirt. Arsonists torching cars? umm no. Mebbe thats why it burned

anyhooo, the only exciting thing (that I can blog about, mark) of note is this grocery store outside office called Monday to Sunday. Now, normally I wouldn't be caught dead using words like Grocery. Enid Blyton made it her own and ran with it. Why are all Enid Blyton's Grocers such ruddy nice people, with nice warm smiles and who always gave bets/daisy/diana/anne a complimentary boiled sweet?. Even her thuggish grocers are squeaky clean. I mean her mean guys are the kinds who buster/timmy/scamper can shoo off with just a growl. Grocers really aren't that pleasant. I mean, you have some who whine when you don't have the exact change, they frown with displeasure when you've chosen something that does not have a bar code, like all of it is your fault.

Ok I majorly Digress. MtS rocks because they have this fabulous Alcohol section which has all the assorted breezers, a good wine collection and get this, even a baby smirnoff Vanilla twist. Jeez when I saw it, I almost ran to the counter to get it billed instantly. oooh another must buy is the Choco crunchers cereal!. Now when it comes to Cereal the world is divided into people who eat it with Hot milk and cold, and I alawys belonged to the former but after Choco Crunchers, I've converted. You have to have it with cold milk to know how good it tastes. Part of the reason for my ebullient reaction to this cereal is the minimum effort involved!

Ok I'll stop now. The product-whore signs off

7 comments:

Sinfully Pinstripe said...

The first mention of Monday to Sunday, and I was having twitchy fingers waiting to write about the booze section..... You bloody well stole my thunder (and i hope you know the origin of that phrase).

roswitha said...

And the grocers all sold gossip tabloids with the headline, "Great Britain voted favourite Evil Empire tenth year in a row!"

Harish said...

Mmmm... alcohol!
How're you doing?

Anonymous said...

AI,

Did any of your US contacts get to see Syriana? I've heard it is a very topical movie and as usual, George Clooney is class personified?

Any garam khabar on this baby?

Raki

AI said...

S.P: I didn't Elaborate on it too much, so why don't you do us the honours? ;) and umm no idea how that phrase came about

Suppu: I'd want the headline to read "The queen boogies to Keane in her knickers"

HKS: Very much in good "Spirits", thank you. ;) Yourself?

Raki: I'm the wrong person to ask about current trends in movies. Shopping at Mango, most definitely.:)

Anonymous said...

AI,

Watched Syriana couple of days back. Go watch it!!

The ensemble cast has done a fantastic job! It has to positively be one of THE best movies of the year. Do I smell an Oscar??!!!

Raki

AI said...

raki: when will you get the hint? send a copy of that movie now!!