Friday, October 28, 2005

can't find a better man.....


Its turning out to be a ritual Friday night story. I stay back till 9 at work and then everybody else also in the same 9 PM boat, decide to go some place and get some drinks, and that place is turning out to be LOR. now LOR is the place where all your rock/psuedo rock/head-banging types come to, basically weirdos. The kind who'll argue passionately about pantera vs sepultura, (whats the difference???), who find mascara boy marilyn manson cool or are into some band called "Gravediggers" or "Death" or prolly "Blood Blood, Die Die", but last night that place redeemed itself with one simple act. they played Eddie Vedder's Even Flow. I can't describe in words how sexy I find him, or how much I love Pearl Jam. I lurrvee Eddie Vedder, I want to have his babies, but I guess He found someone to do that for him huh?.

Friday night ritual also includes goin to Cousin's place for the night, she lives the closest to my office and I obviously can't go home after downing cosmopolitans right?. I love cousin, she's the kind of person whom you can periodically tune out to while in a conversation and tune back in and still get the drift what she's saying. Thats a good thing. and she's always always on the phone. thats a good thing too when you're head is spinning. Those phone conversations are interesting too. Last night it was how a fellow colleague was dating a married woman, previous week was about how a fellow colleague's marriage was breaking up. last week she also gave me very passionate and embittered gyan on how, "all men are the same".

Friday night ritual is then followed by the saturday morning ritual where I trudge back to work from cousin's place. Saturday morning gyan from cousin are much more educative than the previous night. She's warned me about the perils of the hair growing curly after you've straightened it. what mouse to use, if it does get curly, what straightening Iron to buy, where the jeans can be bought for a steal etc etc. and then its all followed by mom's call in the evening, yelling at me for working so much and how I'll burn out and shrivel away. She YELLED at me one night , when I was in still at office at 12:30. so much so that I had to keep the phone a mile away from my ear. I wonder where it all stems from? maternal care or distrust?

No matter what anyone says, I'm enjoying all of it. Ritual or not.

7 comments:

Mani said...

hey ai,

been many times to your blog, never left a comment though. But...

guys at LOR arguing pantera vs sepultura was too good to resist from leaving a comment, "rock"ing stuff...

have linked you in my blog

Nitish said...

How about this for an analogy, arguing about the Pantera vs Sepultura would be like arguing about the qualities of Joyce vs Kesey as writers, both of them are not your regular read authors but they both have their own loyal legions of readers. And its said that for both if you manage to get through the first 50 odd pages of their writings, you are hooked. I guess in a sense that's what you would expect when you're listening to Pantera and Sepultura also. Hmm, come to think, you might have oversimplified the whole thing a wee bit but what the heck you're a fellow Pearl Jam fan so all's forgiven. :-)

PS. If you hate the music at LOR so much, why go there?

AI said...

Ms : Thanks :), i forgot to mention the Near Fist Fight Over system of a down :))

Nitish: who said nething about hating LOR?.The place is replete with Characters. hehe

TheLaddoo said...

landed here from the nandy's blog.....and since the post involved LoR ....

The second floor at LoR rocks... luckily it doesn't rock as loudly as the first floor...

plus sometimes, if you ask the DJ nicely he'll play Dave Matthews Band ...

strangely , I've never been hit by an overdose of death metal there ...haven't been there in a long time though .. v

Vijay said...

Dropped by ...

Give a thought -

http://sufferingsocrates.blogspot.com/2005/11/enough-is-enough.html

AI said...

Sridhar: they play DMB at LOR???

Vijay: Umm very Heart felt, but have you noticed what better lives Unempathetic flooze's lead?

Vaishnavi Tekumalla said...

Haha!! What fun. Cousins like that rock! :)