Wednesday, November 24, 2004

have a tequila

i just found my old cache of running tapes. tapes i listened to while running my heart out to lose weight, just because one pompous guy told me i was not pretty. it seems pathetic but my idea at that time was to become thin and pretty and make him fall hopelessly in love with me and then i with an inward malicious grin, would break his heart to pieces, and i would have my revenge. then i realised that i was sounding like that grotesque old hag Ms. Havisham from great expectations, so now, call it wisdom brought about by david gray tapes or maturity, i just want to shoot the guy who called me fat. hoist with own petard, the works and blow him to the moon. anyway, i must say that i enjoyed running a lot, and got two lovely mid riff lines to boot. so now i can shoot him and look good in spandex, a thorough win-win.
im still a tapes person, dont like CDs much, no charm. i once repaired a torn tape because it had my favourite song of that time. "drive" by a band incidentally called "cars". anyhow i stopped running because a knee accident, but it was the best thing that ever happened to me. running was liberating. a sublime experience of me versus the cosmos. a race comprising of a sole body alone in the universe,against its own best time.

1 comment:

AI said...

hi ajay, well i didnt know "drive" belonged to the "older" generation, lol, but anyhow, thanks to radio a lot of these gems come to the fore, and "us" kids like 'em