Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Epiphany can be a salman khan song..sometimes..

Saturday evening it was. 5PM. I stood with nothing left to do, antsy, slightly depressed when an SMS beeped. It said "Wanna do scream? Free pick up and drop facility available" This, my friends, is what is called, "Divine Intervention". Its not the red sea parting, or about sending plagues to desert dwellers, its about a sweet missive from the heavens that pretty much answers all questions that a girl might have on a Saturday night
- Where to go tonight?
- Who will buy me free drinks?
- When do I get to wear that new godawesome dress?
- When do I get to wear that new godawesome shoes?
- How can I do dancing tonight?
- How can I go dancing, drinking, wearing godawesome clothes and not spend any money?

Answer: Tadaa....by going to Scream (Pune's only happening night club) with friends V and S.

V and S were the two blokes I treated for my birthday and to who, I gave a lot of hell for, for giving me Milk Chocolates as present. Lovely two people that they are, inspite my shameless demand for "tangible prezzies", they decided to give me 2 books and a trip to Scream as my gift.

I love night clubs. I love being awash in a sea of pulsating rhythms. So when the SMS from V came, It was all I could do to restrain myself from bouncing all around my room. I was listening Keane being pensive all day and now I got a chance to jiggy to the Desi Girl song from Dostana. Life was perfect! So I wore my godawesome dress which was a swishy strapless number in red with gold stripes (ok my description does not do justice..but it looked awesome I swear!) and inaugurated my awesome black open - toe sandals from Charles & Keith. When the two blokes came to pick me up, I was already in Diva mode.

Then they tell me that we wouldn't be drinking at the club at all. They were instead, planning to buy Vodka and coke from a local wine shop and drink it all up in the parking lot of Scream. When I heard their plans, I wanted to Scream (bad pun..I know) "I'm dressed to kill and you guys want me to drink vodka from a plastic cup??" It was either that or no Scream they said. So, me, the much-reduced-in- ego diva had no choice but to drink up in the parking lot with all the security guards giving us shady looks. But it was fun! we all marveled at the ability of 3 successful people to still be utterly frugal. Soon, thanks to being very liberal with the Vodka, I was all wheeeeeeeee and tipsy!

That's when we entered the club and it totally rocked. It was glorious uninhibited dancing and I felt I could keep dancing forever. V decided to teach me salsa in the middle of the dance floor and the man spun me around everywhere and it was all dizzyingly good. To thank him for teaching me some salsa, I showed V my favourite dance step in the whole world - the water sprinkler!! I don't care if it looks silly but its the bestest! Then weirdness happened when this random chick decided to intrude onto our group and started hitting on S. Then after dancing with S she started hitting on ME! I started freaking out and was all WTF!!! V rescued me and random chick went back to hitting on S which made V and me sigh. We were both missing our significant others and cursing our respective situation of being in long distance relationships. We were getting along really fine when the music switched from house to bollywood and then the whole place went crazy. I don't know where I'd be without bollywood. I got to do the desi girl dance finally. All that practising in front of the mirror helped and I acquitted myself perfectly.

When Scream decided to close at 2 PM, we all were exhausted beyond belief. Although, may I please add a shout out to Charles & Keith? 6 inch heels and it totally didn't hurt! I'm going to be their brand ambassador from now on! I lasted 4 hours on the dance floor without once taking my shoes out. Ladies, please pay homage to C & K. We went back to the parking lot to drink some more and reminisce quietly. We switched on the FM and guess what, they were playing Salman Khan's greatest hits!!! Just when I thought this night couldn't sillier, they played DA BOMB salman khan song - Garam Chai!!! And there we were, 3 people with moderately successful careers, with stress, life's myriad worries, laughing and singing "Ek Garam Chai ki pyaali ho, Koi mujko pilaney waali ho"

That's when it struck me, Life needs to be silly. It's what rescues us from all the gravity around us. Who da thunk, salman khan would help me sort through all the depressing clutter in my life.

P.S: V and S, big sloppy kisses to both of you for being soooo nice to me.

1 comment:

Ashdin said...

do the sprinkler :)